Warm apples and walnuts are served over ice cream, for this unique and tasty dessert made on the grill.
"My husband and I love grilling. We created this unique dessert for my mother, who can't eat most grain products. She was thrilled with the sweet fruit topping spooned over vanilla ice cream."
You Will Need
3 medium tart apples, peeled 1/3 cup raisins
1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/3 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons cold butter
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts Vanilla ice cream
What to Do
1. Cut each apple into 16 wedges; place all on an 18-inch-square piece of heavy-duty foil.
2. Sprinkle with raisins; drizzle with lemon juice.
3. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and nutmeg; cut in the butter. Stir in the walnuts.
4. Sprinkle over apples and raisins.
5. Fold foil around apple mixture and seal tightly. Grill over indirect medium heat for 18 to 22 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve over ice cream.
Makes: 3 cups